While my time at Samsung presented the opportunity to work on a number of innovative content services, the greatest achievement was the launch of the Samsung MediaHub on the first Galaxy S devices.
My team and I were able to launch a successful service from an idea in 6 months to meet the launch demands of Samsung’s first flagship device.
Over the course of that 6 months, we
- Deployed a content ingestion, encoding and distribution video ecommerce platform
- Integrated Microsoft DRM onto an Android device for the very first time in close partnership with both Microsoft and Google
- Built a mobile storefront platform for both mobile and tablet devices
- Integrated billing with 4 major carriers to enable 1 click purchase
- Executed agreements with 6 major movie / tv studios
- Injested and encoded thousands of titles
- Generated over $1m in incremental revenue in our first month of operation, Samsung’s first revenue generating content service globally.
In addition, my team and I launched the TouchWiz widget store on Windows Mobile devices pre-Android